[U-Boot-Users] at91sam9260-ek intermittenly fails at u-boot init

Norman Cheung normankeehoon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:31:07 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am still struggling with this problem, but getting to reproduce this
problem repeatably.  Hoping folks in the forum can give me some
pointers.  Our Atmel FAE is clueless also.

This is repeatable, on two boards (both 9260 Rev A and Rev B):
- bootstrap, u-boot, kernel, RFS all downloaded to NAND with SAM-BA 2.6
- Without recycle power, just push reset button; u-boot will come up.
And I can continue to boot Kernel (2.6.25)
- Push reset second time(and subsequent times), bootstrap will run and
fail in the first few instruction of u-boot
- Sometimes power cycle, u-boot will come up again

- When it runs, if I has u-boot boot kernel, linux will run.
- Push reset button in Linux board will reboot and u-boot will run again
(all the times)
- If I use linux reboot, the board will stop after running bootstrap
and  (I believe) branched to u-boot.

Our h/ware guy has checked all the timing NAND, SDRAM etc and we have
experimented with all the settings.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Norman