[U-Boot-Users] Using DDR1 in AMCC 460EX custom design

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Mon Jun 30 20:32:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

I will soon have to port U-Boot to a custom board based on AMCC 460EX CPU.
This board should be very close to Canyonlands evaluation board, but board
designers decided to use DDR1 instead of DDR2 present on Canyonlands.

Looking at U-Boot 1.3.3 code, I can see that DDR1 support for 460EX is
available
in cpu/ppc4xx/cp44x_spd_ddr2.c. My question is - was DDR1 support ever
tested
on 460EX. Another question is - are there DDR1 DIMMs that can be used on
Canyonlands ?

Thanks a lot.

Felix.