[U-Boot-Users] 1.3.2-rc2 83xx CONFIG_HAS_ETHX not passing MAC addresses

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:18:23 CET 2008

Marc Leeman wrote:
> When booting an 8347 processor, the MAC addresses (ethaddr and eth1addr)
> don't seem to get passed anymore.
>
> I modified my config to include CONFIG_HAS_ETH0 and CONFIG_HAS_ETH1 and
> I am entering the code in fdt_fixup_ethernet (common/fdt_support.c) but
> get stuck at node = fdt_path_offset(fdt, "/aliases");
>
> Once this fails, the MAC addresses are not passed along.

Disclaimer: I have not researched this...

I presume the problem is that the /aliases node doesn't exist in your
tree (original kernel .dts source, and thus the .dtb blob).  One simple
solution would be to create the /aliases node if it doesn't exist, just
like we create the /chosen node if it doesn't exist.

Best regards,
gvb