[U-Boot-Users] 1.3.2-rc2 83xx CONFIG_HAS_ETHX not passing MAC addresses

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:45:25 CET 2008

> I presume the problem is that the /aliases node doesn't exist in your
> tree (original kernel .dts source, and thus the .dtb blob).  One simple
> solution would be to create the /aliases node if it doesn't exist, just
> like we create the /chosen node if it doesn't exist.

Yep, that's how I got to boot my kernel again, forgot to post this in my
previous mail:

aliases {
	ethernet0 = &enet0;
	ethernet1 = &enet1;
	serial0 = &serial0;
	serial1 = &serial1;
	pci0 = &pci0;
};

And then adding the correct aliases of course:
  enet0: ethernet at 24000 {
etc.

--
  greetz, marc
I'm only judging on my experience with you, but I've never seen such