[U-Boot-Users] Altera Stratix II

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 2 01:35:01 CET 2008

In message <ffc2b1d40803011332s33e18e29p961b750d4621e563 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> In the past I had my own flag I called CONFIG_FORCE_FLASH SIZE.
> Suppose I will come with a way to cripple the CFI to work as it should
> in the latest version, would you like such a feature integrated in the
> u-boot for all?

To be honest - my immediate reaction is a clear "no".

But then, if it's implemented cleanly,  doesn't  hurt others  and  is
useful to some (like you) - why not?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a program is being  tested,  it  is  too  late  to  make  design
changes.                  -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"