[U-Boot-Users] Contribution: EHCI USB HC driver

Marcel Moolenaar marcelm at juniper.net
Mon Mar 3 19:46:23 CET 2008

On Mar 1, 2008, at 12:38 AM, Markus Klotzbücher wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Marcel Moolenaar <marcelm at juniper.net> writes:
>
>> On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:24 AM, Detlev Zundel wrote:
>
>>> Glancing over the patch I fail to see what hardware and
>>> configuration
>>> you are using for your development.  Can you enlighten us on this?
>>
>> Ah, good point. This driver was developed for the Philips ISP156x.
>> The configuration is derived from the MPC8555 configuration. It's a
>> customer board, so there's no way for me to point to some URL...
>
> Are there any plans at this point for merging the support for this
> board? I'd really like to merge this driver, but on the other hand it
> make little sense until there code that actually uses it!

Contributing the EHCI driver is one such plan :-)

The board is proprietary. Not everything will be contributed,
because it will be of no use to anyone (not to mention that we
probably did things to the code that would not be acceptable
if it were to be part of U-Boot. :-)

The plan is to simply offer code for contribution when we think
it could be useful for all parties concerned and let the U-Boot
community decide whether they want it or not. How much will be
contributed in the end, I don't know.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
marcelm at juniper.net