[U-Boot-Users] PowerPC 405EP - NAND Flash (MT29F2G08AAC)

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Mar 14 08:15:12 CET 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Pawel Pastuszak wrote:
> Yes i am where that there is no NAND controller so did that already and i
> see stuff happing on my scope. I thought that i was missing something for
> this flash chip.
>
> I am attaching my nand controllor code could any body tell me if i am
> missing something for the 405EP i am new to the 405EP processor...  But i
> worked on did processors that i had nand setup and it was a lot lets work.

From looking at the code, I wonder *how* you did implement the external logic
on your board. I would have thought you connected some of the NAND control
pins to 405EP GPIO's. But this doesn't seem to be the case. You are accessing
the CMD/ALE singals at different addresses. So what exactly is you external
NAND controller logic?

If not, I suggest you take a look at:

board/esd/common/esd405ep_nand.c

This is an 405EP NAND implementation with external logic and signals attached
to GPIO's.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de