[U-Boot-Users] question about netconsole

bott at dei.unipd.it bott at dei.unipd.it
Tue Mar 18 09:11:31 CET 2008

I'd like to use netconsole to have the possibility of upgrading the
firmware store on a flash, which has u-boot as bootloader which loads
and runs linux.

I plan to use tftp to transfer the new firmware images to the board,
so what I'd like to know if there is any problem using netconsole and
tftpd together or if it runs the same way as by using a serial port to
communicate to the board.

Moreover, is it possible to set a password to access u-boot prompt? I
would like to give the possibility of flashing the device to everybody.

Thanks for you help,

Ottavio