[U-Boot-Users] ARM custodian change

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Mar 18 21:04:58 CET 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > Here a short announcement about a change in the U-Boot ARM custodianship:
> >
> > Since the ARM platform is so broad and has multiple vendor
> > specific "sub-architectures" it seemed necessary to add new U-Boot
> > custodian branches for those architectures. Fortunately we had some
> > volunteers. Here the list:
> >
> > u-boot-at91 (Atmel ARM)         Jean-Christophe Plagniol-Villard
> > u-boot-pxa (XScale)             Jean-Christophe Plagniol-Villard
> > u-boot-s3c24xx (Samsung ARM)    Harald Welte
> >
> > Again, thanks a lot to the (new) custodians. Your help is really
> > appreciated.
>
> Would it not be better if the Atmel ARM was handled by the Atmel AT91
> Product line

Could be, I really don't know. I don't remember seeing Atmel ARM patches
posted or reviewed by other Atmel than yourself.

So for the time being, we gladly accept that Jean-Christophe volunteered to
take over this custodianship. From my point of view, he is doing a very good
job with his other U-Boot activities. So I expect that the AT91 support could
be handled better from now on.

But again, we are open for other suggestions here too. If you think someone at
Atmel is better suited to do this job, then please let us know.

BTW: If somebody else feels suited to take over some open custodianships (PCI,
RTC, HWMON come to my mind right now), please let us know too. :)

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de