[U-Boot-Users] compressed FPGA images???

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Wed Mar 19 13:13:42 CET 2008

Hi list,

I was trying to get compressed FPGA images to work with u-boot 1.3.1,
but it seems this is not even planned.

fpga loadmk can not handle compressed images, neither can imxtract.
imxtract at least prints out a message, fpga loadmk silently fails.

Is this a known/wanted limitation, or am I doing something wrong?
I can not see the reason for having all these image manipulation
functions when they can not handle compression, which I think is
one of the basic advantages of using images at all. (Besides checking
the CRC, of course)

Regards,
Wolfgang