[U-Boot-Users] compressed FPGA images???

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 19 13:21:42 CET 2008

Dear Wolfgang,

in message <47E11186.17981.5A3DC4B at w.wegner.astro-kom.de> you wrote:

> I was trying to get compressed FPGA images to work with u-boot 1.3.1,
> but it seems this is not even planned.

It seems you did not read the FAQ before posting ;-)

See
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/HowCanILoadAndUncompressACompressedImage

> Is this a known/wanted limitation, or am I doing something wrong?
> I can not see the reason for having all these image manipulation
> functions when they can not handle compression, which I think is
> one of the basic advantages of using images at all. (Besides checking
> the CRC, of course)

Note that work is going on to implement a new image  format.  Patches
to implement features you want but don't find in the current code are
always welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and  hope  for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."            - Albert Einstein