[U-Boot-Users] compressed FPGA images???

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Wed Mar 19 15:20:07 CET 2008

Dear Wolfgang,

On 19 Mar 2008 at 13:21, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> It seems you did not read the FAQ before posting ;-)
>
> See
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/HowCanILoadAndUncompressACompressedImage

thank you for pointing me to this answer. I have to admit that even if I
had read the title, I would have stopped after reading about bootm and
having to set an environment variable. ;-)

<rant_mode, don´t take too serious>
IMHO this example perfectly shows that KISS is still not followed
strict enough: image handling is spread all around (bootm, fpga loadmk,
imxtract), but none of the functions does handle all images and works
in all cases...
</rant_mode>

> Note that work is going on to implement a new image  format.  Patches
> to implement features you want but don't find in the current code are
> always welcome.

I know, there are other things I would have liked to send patches for
(Xilinx FPGA block load and CONFIG_MONITOR_IS_IN_RAM for
MCF532x), but unfortunately U-Boot is thought to be only a very
small part of my current project and I did not have time to clean
things up for submitting. Maybe later - i still hope so.

Regards,
Wolfgang