[U-Boot-Users] compressed FPGA images???

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 19 21:09:57 CET 2008

In message <47E12F27.9530.6179B56 at w.wegner.astro-kom.de> you wrote:

> <rant_mode, don´t take too serious>
> IMHO this example perfectly shows that KISS is still not followed
> strict enough: image handling is spread all around (bootm, fpga loadmk,
> imxtract), but none of the functions does handle all images and works
> in all cases...
> </rant_mode>

Note that you complain about the old code. If we were lucky with  it,
we probaly would not go into the pain (and expenses) to implement new
image handling.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!"       -- Bill Gates, 1981
"Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."             -- Bill Gates, 1996
"Nobody will ever need Windows 95."             -- logical conclusion