[U-Boot-Users] make env

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 20 22:27:18 CET 2008

In message <20080320201156.GA22544 at michl.2n.cz> you wrote:

> > I'm not sure what you wanted to express with your comment?
>
> Well, it seems you have "properly" configured toolchain - you installed
> proper kernel headers. In my case it ends with:

Well, yes, a correctly configured and working toolchain is considered
a prerequisite for U-Boot development.

> fw_env.c:39:27: error: mtd/mtd-user.h: No such file or directory
>
> Here I have no opportunity to tell compiler where to find that header.
> I'd have to put them on some "standard" place, which could conflict with
> 2.4 headers. I do not want to pass U-Boot specific flags, just fw_setenv
> specific.

It's not fw_setenv specific. You would have to do the same  when  you
cross-compile  any  other  native  Linux  application  code. The best
approach would be to fix your toolchain.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty. You might want  to  mug
someone with it."                   - M. Devine, Computer Science 340