[U-Boot-Users] make env

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Thu Mar 20 22:33:57 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:27:18PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> It's not fw_setenv specific. You would have to do the same  when  you
> cross-compile  any  other  native  Linux  application  code. The best
> approach would be to fix your toolchain.

Well, any other applications compile just fine. This is needed only when
you are interfacing some kernel subsystem (MTD in this case) and need
its headers. Current approach needs one toolchain for compiling fw_setenv
with 2.4 kernel and another for 2.6 kernel while there is no technical
reason not to use very same toolchain for both.

Best regards,
	ladis

PS. I'm just pointing to one minor difficulty, as I have no problem with
that. I only tried to guess where might be Manuel's problem once he
figure out MTD_VERSION variable.