[U-Boot-Users] auto-save environment if using default environment?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 25 21:23:40 CET 2008

In message <873aqedcak.fsf at denx.de> you wrote:

> AFAIK there is currently no way to check this from the U-Boot
> shell. Nevertheless I think that would be the way to go instead of
> hard-coding this. How about setting an environment variable like
> "env_default" if the default environment is used? That way scripts can
> be used to run saveenv but could also do more complex initialization.

There are certain things  I  recommend  never  to  do  automatically.
Erasing  and  overwriting  vital  parts of the flash belong to these.
Don't do it. Leave the decision when and how  often  to  do  that  to
something that claims to have a brain.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Vulcans believe peace should not depend on force.
	-- Amanda, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.3