[U-Boot-Users] DDR-II @ MPC8343A

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Tue Mar 25 21:45:54 CET 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:25:45 +0100
Andre Schwarz <andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:

> I've seen things like this in mpc8349emds code :
>
> #if (CFG_DDR_SIZE != 256)
> #warning Currenly any ddr size other than 256 is not supported
> #endif
>
> Is this reasonable ? Why ?

that's in the fixed sdram init code, which could be considered
reasonably unreasonable by some I suppose, since we can't guarantee the
fixed settings will work with whatever memory you decide to use with
it.  It should work with the memory that comes with the board, though.

btw, the spd code is being used by default on the 834x mds, not this
fixed_sdram stuff - it's mostly there for board porting completeness.

Kim