[U-Boot-Users] DDR-II @ MPC8343A

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Tue Mar 25 21:54:53 CET 2008

Kim Phillips schrieb:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:25:45 +0100
> Andre Schwarz <andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:
>

>> I've seen things like this in mpc8349emds code :
>>
>> #if (CFG_DDR_SIZE != 256)
>> #warning Currenly any ddr size other than 256 is not supported
>> #endif
>>
>> Is this reasonable ? Why ?
>>

> that's in the fixed sdram init code, which could be considered
> reasonably unreasonable by some I suppose, since we can't guarantee the
> fixed settings will work with whatever memory you decide to use with
> it.  It should work with the memory that comes with the board, though.

fixed_sdram is ok - that's what I have and want to use.
I'm setting up the proper CFG_DDR_ defines in my header regarding the
Manufacturer's spec.
> btw, the spd code is being used by default on the 834x mds, not this
> fixed_sdram stuff - it's mostly there for board porting completeness.

But it is known to work, isn't it ?
> Kim

regards,
Andre

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner