[U-Boot-Users] LZMA support (patch)

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 29 03:13:11 CET 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> But so far there is no code (board support) in  U-Boot  to  use  this
> feature, right? And it's not used by the Linux kernel either?
>
> And your patch does not even enable support for it in the mkimage
> tool, so you cannot even create images that use the feature?

ive seen patches floating around to add lzma support akin to gzip/bzip2 in the
uImage format.  makes sense to me, and some people are very interested in
shaving off flash space in return for slightly longer boot time.  linux
kernel is irrelevant here.  someone else doing this means i dont have to at
some point ;).
-mike