[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 with ppc440epx.

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu May 1 14:34:51 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Leonid wrote:
> I have some problem with AMCC PPC440epx CPU when it boots from NAND.
>
> I am using sequoia.cfg file. If I do "reset halt" on BDI and then "go",
> CPU doesn't boot. If I do "reset run" it boots OK.
>
> That points on some potential problem in .cfg file. OK, I removed entire
> [INIT] section, but situation didn't change.

Yes.

> Moreover, when I set breakpoint to the function which surely is invoked
> and do "reset run", I don't hit breakpoint (CPU boots till the end).

Right. This is because of the icache being used for the code read from NAND by
the IPL (see below).

> Do you have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Not really. It is not easy to debug a NAND booting system. This is because of
the 4k code being loaded into the icache and run from there. What I am always
doing while debugging NAND booting 4xx systems is, integrate some infinite
loops after the suspicious code. Or just load different values into one
(unused) register in the very early starting phase to see how far the PPC
gets.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de