[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 with ppc440epx.

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Thu May 1 17:31:44 CEST 2008

Hi, Stefan:

Thank you very much for your answer, it shows that our minds are working
alike :-). I didn't know what the problem is but I did exactly the thing
you suggest - put indefinite loop in the nand_boot() function with
condition, checking some address in RAM. I set breakpoint after this
loop and them modify memory via BDI and get my breakpoint!

The issue I am investigating is that CPU ceased to boot from NAND flash
when we switched from NAND01GW3B2AZA6 ST Micro flash to another
NAND01GW3B2BZA6. They are presumably the same (page, block size, etc...)
only word 3 is 0 for first and 0x80 fort second.

However nand_boot identifies second block of the flash (and only second
block!) as bad and doesn't copy it to RAM. If I ignore bad block,
everything works fine and also "nand ..." u-boot command doesn't see any
bad blocks.

Thanks,

Leonid.