[U-Boot-Users] Adding a new board to the u-boot project

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Mon May 5 21:39:43 CEST 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008 11:56:57 -0700
Ronald Madrid <ron_madrid at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm developing a board based on the MPC8313 and want to have my code included in the u-boot project, but have a few questions.

great!

> I have created in u-boot-1.3.2 my own folder in the board directory and all appropriate config files.  I have also edited the Makefile on the top level.

sounds good, you'll need to add a MAINTAINERS entry, a MAKEALL entry,
and preferably add a doc/README.<myboard> file.

> Everything builds for my board's u-boot, but here are my questions.  I have to create a new folder in the nand_spl/board folder as my board supports NAND flash.  Is that ok?  Also, to add NAND support I have to edit the cpu/mpc83xx/start.S

yes

> file.  Is this allowed?

depends on the bits themselves; please send your patch for review on
this list.

> After I get my code working is there a specific person that I forward the patches to?

the 83xx specific bits (including the general board support bits)
should probably go through me, and Stefan Roese can pick up your
NAND-specific bits, unless Wolfgang beats us to it.

Kim