[U-Boot-Users] Information regarding SSH access to DENX Servers (Debian SSL vulnerability)

Frank Lichtenheld djpig at denx.de
Fri May 16 13:24:25 CEST 2008

Hi.

As you might have noticed, there was a big problem discovered in the
Debian OpenSSL packages that caused generated SSL keys to be very weak.
Among others this affects keys generated for SSH authentication.

For more information see the security advisories for
Debian OpenSSL: http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1571
Debian OpenSSH: http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1576
Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-612-1

As a security measure the Debian SSH server will now reject keys
that are known to be weak. Custodians that suddenly can't log in
to our servers anymore should generate a new key after applying
the security updates above or on a different system that doesn't use
the affected packages (i.e. a non-Debian derivative).

It currently seems that the hostkey for the main server was not
affected, but we might decide to generate a new one in the next days
anyway. In this case a fingerprint will be posted here.

Sorry for any inconvienience caused.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <frank at lichtenheld.de>