[U-Boot-Users] saveenv to flash for MPC8360ERDK evaluation board.

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri May 23 17:38:44 CEST 2008

Hi Richard,

> I am trying to update the u-boot for the LogicPD/Freescale MPC8360ERDK
> evaluation board and found some problems with saving the environment
> configurations to flash.
>
> What I found is that in u-boot 1.3.2 the saveenv command works ok, but
> since u-boot 1.3.3-rc1 (and I suspect later version) the command does
> not save the environment variable.
>
> from the git-trees, I rolled back /drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c to the u-boot
> 1.3.2 version and now the saveenv command seems to work again.
>
> I think some change in there (maybe cmd_set_amd_read_jedec_ids, when
> info->device_id is populated)
> causes the flash writing mishap.
>
> Have anyone else experienced this as well?
>
> Any suggestions are also welcome.

When nobody can answer in a general fashion, it is time to crank up
git-bisect(1) and identify the one single commit breaking the
functionality.  Once you have that located, it may be pretty obvious
what is going wrong.

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html

--
Man is a fool, and woman, for tolerating him, is a damned fool
                       -- Mark Twain