[U-Boot-Users] saveenv to flash for MPC8360ERDK evaluation board.

richardretanubun richardretanubun at ruggedcom.com
Thu May 22 16:00:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to update the u-boot for the LogicPD/Freescale MPC8360ERDK
evaluation board and found some problems with saving the environment
configurations to flash.

What I found is that in u-boot 1.3.2 the saveenv command works ok, but
since u-boot 1.3.3-rc1 (and I suspect later version) the command does
not save the environment variable.

from the git-trees, I rolled back /drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c to the u-boot
1.3.2 version and now the saveenv command seems to work again.

I think some change in there (maybe cmd_set_amd_read_jedec_ids, when
info->device_id is populated)
causes the flash writing mishap.

Have anyone else experienced this as well?

Any suggestions are also welcome.

Thank you,

Richard Retanubun

**RuggedCom Inc.