[U-Boot] new board SDRAM conf

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Nov 3 11:11:24 CET 2008

Hi Steven,

On Monday 03 November 2008, 조기성 wrote:
> I Made my board config header, and using yosemite's init.S & u-boot.lds,
> mft.c(Yosemite.c) Only change config header , but it's not working .

You should create your own board port for this custom 440EP board.

> 1. First The difference of my SDRAM configuration is
> ***  (PPC440EP supported four external DDR_SDRAM Banks.) ***
> But Our used only external DDR_SDRAM Bank_0(BANKSEL_0) on the New design
> Board.

Yes. I already described how you should handle this DDR initialization in my
last mail. Use the common code (cpu/ppc4xx/sdram.c). You probably need to
change the CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_TABLE for your board. Take a look at the p3p440.h
header as an example.

BTW: SDRAM configuration is a complex matter. You definitely need to take a
look at the PPC users manual and the SDRAM datasheet for this.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de