[U-Boot] Broken network for different u-boot compilation

Duy-Ky Nguyen duykyng at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 21:41:53 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm using u-boot 1.3.0 from the latest FreeScale Linux BSP MPC8313E-RDB.

If I set TEXT_BASE = 0x1000000, so I could use BDI debugger to load into RAM
and run it out of RAM.
I'm ABLE to ping to the host from u-boot

But, if I set TEXT_BASE=0xFE000000, and burn the image it into Flash,
recycle the power to run it out of Flash.
I'm NOT able to ping from u-boot with error message

"No link".

When I change TEXT_BASE from 0x1000000 to 0xFE000000, I have to do "make
clean" before "make", otherwise it have error message
" undefined reference to 'env_name_space'"

On the other direction, when I change TEXT_BASE from 0xFE000000 to
0x1000000, I have successful compilation without "make clean", but the
u-boot hangs at "DRAM". I have to do "make clean" for successful u-boot AND
network access.

I really appreciate your time and help.

Regards,

Duy-Ky