[U-Boot] OneNAND: Continuous locking scheme?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Nov 11 09:43:22 CET 2008

Hi Kyungmin,

I'm experiencing a problem with one OneNAND device on our board:

KFG1216U2B (512Mbit)

Here the output from the U-Boot bootup:

OneNAND 64MB 2.65/3.3V 16-bit (0x25)
OneNAND version = 0x022e
Lock scheme is Continuous Lock
Scanning device for bad blocks
OneNAND: 64 MB

As you can see the device is reported to have a "Continuous Lock" scheme. But
this doesn't work. When I try to erase a block I get the following error:

OneNAND erase: offset 0x0, size 0x100000
onenand_wait: controller error = 0x4c00
onenand_wait: it's locked error = 0x4c00
onenand_erase: Failed erase, block 1
erase failed block 1 at 0x20000

When I disable this continuous locking check in onenand_base.c and all blocks
are unlocked individually then everything is ok. So I suspect that either the
implementation of the continuous locking scheme is incorrect or the device is
not really supporting this scheme. I'm still new to OneNAND and I couldn't
find any reference to this continuous locking scheme in the OneNAND chip used
here. Do you have any idea why this is not working for us? Do you know for
sure if the KFG1216U2B (Dev-ID 0x25) really supports this continuous locking
scheme?

Thanks.

BTW: This is with your latest OneNAND patches applied (Sync with 2.6.27).

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de