[U-Boot] Building tools without building firmware

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Tue Nov 11 21:15:09 CET 2008

We have a need to build and package at the very least 'mkimage' for SuSE 11.1
and since we have multiple board targets in mind (MPC8641D, MPC8610, MPC5121e)
it does not make any sense to pick any in particular or build the entire
u-boot.bin just for a few kilobytes we need to prep kernels and initrd
images.

Is it possible to simply build the tools/ directory (a make target that works
would be great) without building a firmware from BLAH_config first?

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations