[U-Boot] bootlimit for arm? watchdog?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 16:17:15 CET 2008

Hi,

I am looking for a mechanism to reboot into an alternative kernel in case of problems. While reading the doc I stumbled upon the bootlimit feature, with which I probably can do what I need to.
However: one problem. My system is an ARM system, and the manual says bootlimit is only for PPC.
Would this be difficult to add (or maybe does it exist already)?

One other thing that could help me is watchdog.
I saw on the email list that watchdog is supported, but the manual does not list it (or I really need new glasses). Is this a board specific feature?
Any further info or pointer to info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot!

Frans