[U-Boot] add usb_system_autoupdate command.

Matteo Facchinetti matteo.facchinetti at sirius-es.it
Sat Nov 15 17:28:54 CET 2008

Hi,

I have add the possibility to automatic update entire flash using a USB
pendrive.

To make it, need the following steps:
1) insert usb pendrive. In pendrive must be present these files:
install.dat and the files we want to copy.
2) from uboot console: => usb_system_autoupdate
3) the system update start, reading information from install.dat file.

The install.dat file raws has this syntax:
<file_type> "<file_name>" <star_flash_addr_partition>
<end_flash_addr_partition>

file_type values: kernel, uboot, fdt, rootfs.

In attachment there's an example of install.dat and the source code.

Now using it on my system (mpc5200, uboot_1.3.1) but there's a problem
that I can't fix:
if try to update uboot partition, it freeze in line 211 when call
do_flerase().

debugging I can see that it freeze in:
cmd_flash.c
434:     printf ("Erased %d sectors\n", erased);
after uboot partition erasing.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.
Matteo Facchinetti