[U-Boot] U-Boot to load VxWorks

raul.moreno at telvent.com raul.moreno at telvent.com
Tue Nov 18 13:09:15 CET 2008

Thank you for your answer, Niklaus!

I have been looking at your mention files and boards.
I will also use TFTP to download the VxWorks image and then the bootvx
command like you do. However, just the first time. Later, the VxWorks must
be saved in flash and after reseting , the board must boot automatically.
Just in case we want to update VxWorks, we will use the TFTP again.

My VxWorks image is just an elf binary format image. Could I boot this
image with bootvx directly or do I have to use mkimage to convert this
image to a understandable image for U-Boot? I mean, what kind of VxWorks
image must I have?
I am also not sure what parameters I have to add in the bootargs
environment variable.

Regards,

Raúl Moreno

Niklaus Giger <niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org>