[U-Boot] compile error after installing ELDK arm-2007-01-22-uclibc.iso and uboot 1.3.4

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 18 22:12:53 CET 2008

Dear Ajit,

In message <dfa7268c0811181306j5e42003boa342eb665982ad99 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> My target is IXP425 based device. First I will try with ixdp425 board.
> I was testing my ELDK installation. I found this error while compiling
> example/hello_world.c
> root at homet/u-boot-1.3.4/examples# ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc -o hello_world
> hello_world.c

This cannot work. This file is part of the  U-Boot  source  tree  and
needs  U-Boot  Makefile  support  (and  lots  of special options) for
compiling.

> But this
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main()
> {
>   printf("\nHello World\n");
>   return 0;
> }
> --------
> compile fine

So everything is fine. No problems at all.
again.

> Any tips.

Be happy.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't mind criticism. You know me. I've  never  been  one  to  take
offence  at  criticism. No one could say I'm the sort to take offence
at criticism -- Not twice, anyway. Not without blowing bubbles.
                                  - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_