[U-Boot] Question about ARM compiler optimization problem

Choe, Hyun-ho firebird at legend.co.kr
Thu Nov 20 19:58:59 CET 2008

Hi.

2008-11-20 (목), 19:02 +0100, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD 쓰시길:
> On 02:59 Fri 21 Nov     , Choe, Hyun-ho wrote:
> > In cpu dir, there is arm920t/ks8695.
> > ks8695p is some modified chip from ks8695.
> do this modification is U-Boot mainline supported?

I think so, but, there is some confusion in Linux machine type & other
stuff.(MACH_TYPE:180 = KS8695, MACH_TYPE:363 = KS8695P)

I am not a Micrel guy, but AFAIK, there is some similar KS8695 family
chips.

1. Original KS8695 : Built-in 5 MAC/PHY + 1 External MAC interface
2. KS8695X : Built-in 5 MAC/PHY + PCI bus(1 device supported)
3. KS8695P " Built-in 5 MAC/PHY + PCI bus(up to 3 devices supported)

But, all these three chips use the same core(ARM922T), and the same core
& system clock, register address spaces, so I think there is no need to
add additional chip type.

In fact, I could adapt U-Boot with few minor changes from existing
configuration. I just only changed SDRAM & FLASH registers to fit to my
board.

> > In board section, OpenGear cm4008 and cm41xx uses ks8695.
> >
> could give the board configuration?
> make xxxx_config

Do you mean the contents of include/configs/xxx.h file? or entire patch
I approved?
To submitting my patch takes some time to me for fixing up my source
code, but you may try 'make cm4008_config' or 'make cm41xx_config' for
quick testing.

BTW, I think, my original question is not related to the
misconfiguration of board, but to ARM compiler optimization.
Isn't there anyone suffer similar problem on ARM platform?