[U-Boot] U-boot resets when booting Linux kernel

Simon Boman simon.boman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 17:10:19 CET 2008

2008/11/20 Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>:
> Dear "Simon Boman",
>
> In message <28d526a60811200736x3c8b5fc0lcb4be405c690aeab at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> I'm quite sure about kernel, the only interface I am going to use is
>> the serial interface.
>
> early debug?
>
>> Do you know where I can find the file where maps the U-boot code to RAM?
>> Or how is it made?
>
> lib_ppc/board.c
>
>> U-boot.map shows only where the functions is stored at flash but I
>> need to know where they are executing in RAM...
>
> A simple method is to print the relocation offset in the debugger -
> register r2 holds the global data pointer.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> Was heißt Windows auf Indianisch? - "Weißer  Mann,  der  auf  Sanduhr
> wartet!"

Thank you for your help, I find your example at your site
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/DecodingUBootCrashDumps which was great!

Now I have got find where the U-boot goes wrong:

FDT_ERR_NOSPACE in the file: /libfdt/fdt_rw.c

where the values is:
end: 007faff2 oldlen: 0 newlen: 16, fdt: 007fa000, totsize: 4096

Before fdt_splice is called the values is:
end: 007faff2 oldlen: 8 newlen: 8, fdt: 007fa000, totsize: 22219

Do you have any clue why it's missing 2 bytes for the fdt??

TIA
Simon