[U-Boot] U-boot resets when booting Linux kernel

Simon Boman simon.boman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 18:13:26 CET 2008

2008/11/21 Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren at ge.com>:
> Simon Boman wrote:
>>
>> 2008/11/20 Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>:
>>>
>>> Dear "Simon Boman",
>
> [snip]
>

>> Thank you for your help, I find your example at your site
>> http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/DecodingUBootCrashDumps which was great!
>>
>> Now I have got find where the U-boot goes wrong:
>>
>> FDT_ERR_NOSPACE in the file: /libfdt/fdt_rw.c
>>
>> where the values is:
>> end: 007faff2 oldlen: 0 newlen: 16, fdt: 007fa000, totsize: 4096
>>
>> Before fdt_splice is called the values is:
>> end: 007faff2 oldlen: 8 newlen: 8, fdt: 007fa000, totsize: 22219
>>
>> Do you have any clue why it's missing 2 bytes for the fdt??
>>
>> TIA
>> Simon
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> You probably need to use the dtc -p (pad) option when you build your fdt
> blob so that there is more space.  The error message is indicating you are
> running out of space to add/modify the blob you are currently using.
>
> HTH,
> gvb

Hi Jerry!

I have tried that, but after have used 6000 bytes padding of 3900
bytes code i don't think that is the solution.
and at the example above the fdt is 22219 bytes (19000 padding) = 0x56CB
and then the totalsize is changed to 4096 = 0x1000 which give an end
of the fdt to 007fb000 and the comparing is false when the "real end"
is 007faff2 + 10 = 007fb002
So what is going wrong?
/Simon