[U-Boot] ppc405ep boot freeze with u-boot 1.3.4

Reto Stalder rstalder at gmx.ch
Fri Nov 21 18:52:12 CET 2008

Hi

I have a custom ppc405ep board with 128MB SDRAM, very similar to the
AMCC Taihu board. U-Boot 1.1.4 works perfectly fine. But version 1.3.4
freezes after saying "Relocating now" in debug mode.

Additionally, I've observed a strange effect concerning memory size:
When a BDI2000 emulator is connected and the SDRAM size is set to 64MB
or less, the board starts to the prompt. When a BDI2000 emulator is
connected and the SDRAM size is set to 128MB, it freezes as well.

Has somebody any ideas, where the problem could reside, or what else to
do, to isolate the problem?

Every comment is welcome ;-),
Reto