[U-Boot] Booting zImage on IXP425 BE

Horst Rennfler horst.rennfler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 21:15:58 CET 2008

Good evening...
I have an IXP425 based platform which currently has redboot installed
and want to replace it with u-boot of course :-)

I can start latest u-boot from git inside redboot, display flash
information,
doing memory test, tftp images onto it without problems...

What bugs me is the fact that I am not able to boot any arm-linux
zImage inside u-boot but redboot can...

Trying to boot from within u-boot it just hangs after the call to
"decompress_kernel" from arch/arm/compressed/head.S"...

And yes...console parameters are set within kernel compilation otherwise
I won't see anything booting same image under redboot ond same platform...

Anyone got similar problems on arm-linux 2.6.x kernel?

thank you
horst