[U-Boot] PHY lib

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:31:17 CET 2008

Hi Michal,
Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> how does look like your propose work about PHY lib?
>
> Thanks,
> Michal

I'd like to have the PHY library included in the 02.2009 release.  One
of the things I'm struggling with is how so specify MDIO busses and PHY
addresses.  For example, is it preferable to have a bunch of
CONFIG_PHY_ADDR_x or a board-code struct?  How to link/register PHYs
with MDIO buses, since conceivably a board could have hardware MDIO
and/or bit-banged MDIO, and any PHY could be on any bus.

If we pulled all board info from a device tree, as people were talking
about a few months ago, this would be easy and scalable.  I don't know
the status of that idea, and am very interested in what you and others
think.

regards,
Ben