[U-Boot] Generic CFI flash driver is not so generic?

Choe, Hyun-ho firebird at legend.co.kr
Wed Nov 26 16:33:58 CET 2008

2008-11-26 (수), 16:10 +0100, Michael Lawnick 쓰시길:
> Choe, Hyun-ho said the following:
> > My second workaround is strange, too.
> > In ARM code, mapping physical address to logical is actually does
> > nothing, except re-calculating pointer with sector no. and offset.
> > It just eating several processor cycles.
>
> I actually have no ARM experience, but when you talk about 'mapping' the
> word 'cache' is coming to my mind. Any chance that you have not disabled
> caching for flash access address space?

If you mean Instruction Cache/Data Cache, yes, ARM have them.
In CPU start-up code, DCache is disabled & ICache is enabled by default.
And always be in the same status all the time.
Turning off ICache has no effect.

(If you are interested, see cpu/arm*/start.S & cpu.c, you may already
know.)

Regards,
Choe, Hyun-ho