[U-Boot] U-boot resets when booting Linux kernel

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:39:44 CET 2008

Simon Boman wrote:
> 2008/11/24 Simon Boman <simon.boman at gmail.com>:

[snip]

>> I can add that this occur after "Delete the old LMB reservation" in
>> bootm.c and the function fdt_resize(of_flat_tree) is executing. The
>> problem as I have understood it, is that the blob is resized so its
>> fits one block 0x1000. But the boundary is two bytes too small..
>> 007faff2 + 10 = 007fb002
>> /Simon
>>

> I have no figured out what the problem was. My blob wasn't adapt
> correctly to my platform but now it is!
> Thanks anyway!
> Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update.  I (and the list) was out of bright ideas of what
could be wrong.  Your observation of the resizing apparently causing
problems was very disconcerting.  I'm glad it was fairly simple in the
end.  (Funny, it always seems a lot simpler once you figure out what is
wrong.  Must be a corollary to the law that you always find your car
keys in the last place you look.)

Thanks,
gvb