[U-Boot] iPAQ 21x support (+PXA3xx NAND flash and MMC)

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Sat Nov 29 15:25:48 CET 2008

Hi Oliver,

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 02:03:25PM +0000, Oliver Ford wrote:
> I've recently started trying to use U-boot on an iPAQ 214 which runs on
> a PXA310 cpu.
> I've got the basic boot up, NAND flash and MMC systems working so far.
>
> I originally tried to use the zylonite's nand.c that's already in u-boot
> but it was very flaky and didn't support several things I needed like
> large-page command set and the hardware ecc.
>
> I've now copied the latest pxa3xx nand flash code from the kernel and
> just modified it to cope without DMA and without IRQs.

Great.

> I'm not sure it exactly fits in with the u-boot nand code (eg. it does
> an internal read ID scan to find the right command set) but it works a
> lot better than the board/zylonite/nand.c. Would this be useful to
> anyone else?

Yes, absolutely - to me. I'm sitting on this at this very moment :)

I was also thinking about implementing this as a PXA3xx generic layer
for small pages, large pages, 8bit and 16bit so the same code does not
need to be copied to all the board implementations over and over again.

But I'm not sure whether there are any plans to do this as I didn't
follow the development of this project for a long time.

Anyways, I'd appreciate if you could send over what you got.

Many thanks,
Daniel