[U-Boot] NAND flash driver for Samsung K9F1G08

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:31:50 CEST 2008

Hello

2008/9/30 Roman Mashak <romez777 at gmail.com>:
> Flash ID is in $(UBOOT)/include/linux/mtd/nand_ids.h
> Seems this chip is not CFI compliant (at least datasheet says nothing
> of it), so the use of CFI driver falls away.

After some investigations I see that $(uboot)/drivers/mtd/nand/nand.c
is compiled in with CONFIG_CMD_NAND defined and CFG_NAND_LEGACY
undefined -- these two macros are mutually exclusive. Why do then some
platforms define both of them, for instance
$(uboot)/include/configs/at91rm9200dk.h  and what is the proper use of
these macros?

To make things more clear: NAND flash Samsung K9F1G08U is defined in
both $(uboot)/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c and
$(uboot)/include/linux/mtd/nand_ids.h, latter is included with
CFG_NAND_LEGACY defined. It confuses me, I don't understand is my
flash legacy device or rather new one? :-)

--
Roman Mashak