[U-Boot] NAND flash driver for Samsung K9F1G08

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:11:04 CEST 2008

Hello

2008/9/30 Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de>:

[skip]
>> To make things more clear: NAND flash Samsung K9F1G08U is defined in
>> both $(uboot)/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c and
>> $(uboot)/include/linux/mtd/nand_ids.h, latter is included with
>> CFG_NAND_LEGACY defined. It confuses me, I don't understand is my
>> flash legacy device or rather new one? :-)
>
> IIRC then your NAND chips should be supported in the U-Boot NAND driver
> without any changes.

Okay. There is another thing confusing me is - almost all ports
implement board specific support of flash in
$(uboot)/board/board_name/flash.c or $(uboot)/board/board_name/nand.c
(NAND specific).

What is the rationale to separate them in such a way -- flash.c is for
NOR, boot flash etc. only and all NAND stuff apart? Does 'flinfo'
print information about ANY available flash -- but on the other hand,
do_flinfo() in $(uboot)/common/cmd_flash.c uses 'flash_print_info()'
defined in target's flash.c

Hmm.. completely confused.

Hopefully somebody can bring me out in the light :)

--
Roman Mashak