[U-Boot] u-boot randomly lost params.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 6 09:33:58 CEST 2008

Dear gather bzbz,

In message <309650.17084.qm at web51307.mail.re2.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> I am using 1.3.2, and discovered that the params randomly got lost. This does not happen every time, but does happen from time to time. I can not repliably reproduce it. Any hints? I am using a TI6446 EVM. Someone over at the TI mailing list suggests that the size of params is bigger than the param sector size. How to check that? T.I.A

Your line length is *way* too long. Please make sure to use lines of
70 characters max.

Where is your environment stored? In an EEPROM?

If the environment becomes bigger than the reserved space, you will
get error messages, and the last added entry will be ignored.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I can type faster than I can move a  mouse,  so  I  find  menu-driven
drawing packages time consuming and frustrating.      - W. R. Stevens