[U-Boot] U-boot Saveenv question

Suresh Bhaskaran Suresh.Bhaskaran at magnumsemi.com
Mon Oct 6 19:02:09 CEST 2008

1.  I verified flash contents using the md.w command in u-boot
2.  I've already verified correct flash r/w operation using the cp.w
command
3.  Yes, the CONFIG_ENV_OVERWRITE flag is defined in my boardfile
4.  Flinfo shows the correct flash configuration (sectors, etc) of the
flash

I can see the new env variable (e.g. set serverip 10.0.0.1) at the end
of the saveenv area in flash (after I do a saveenv).  (the original
entry is removed from the list in flash, and the new updated entry is
added to the end of the list in flash).

Still, when I reboot u-boot, I don't get the new environment variable
updated from flash.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Suresh