[U-Boot] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: PATCH: IXP465 support and some IXP4xx rework, Sidewinder board support

h.sattler at erhardt-leimer.com h.sattler at erhardt-leimer.com
Tue Oct 7 14:48:23 CEST 2008

michael <trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> schrieb am 07.10.2008 14:16:15:
> > Here are my patches. Maybe you want to test them. I didn't use or
update
> > the ixdp465 but you can use the sidewinder_config as starting point.
> > Order is:
> > ixp425_rework.patch
> > ixp465.patch
> >
> I see only the ixp465.patch.

???
The mail included all 4 patches.

> Some comments:
> - remove c++ comment

Ok.

> - i prefer sdram controller inizialization in board specific part

I don't because that will be 99,999% the same code for all IXP46x boards.
That's avoidable code duplication.
And the SDRAM initialisation is specified by intel to very specific steps,
anyway. All important differences can be (and are) expressed as variables.
What would you do differently?
If you do it completely different, add a define like CFG_CUSTOM_DRAM_INIT
that disables the generic code and forces you to add your own.

> Clean up the code of print_cpuinfo.

What do you mean?

> I can't comment anymore because your patch is not inlined in the email

Sorry, I didn't find out how to inline patches with Lotus Notes, yet. :-(
Yes, that software really sucks :-(

HS