[U-Boot] Standalone application after powerup

Nagesh.ML ml.nagesh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:08:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to run the hello_world standalone application on my powerpc
board(ppc 82xx). I get it worked right, when the u-boot prompt comes up by
copying the hello_world.bin from flash to the RAM space(0x40000) and then
using the "go 0x40004" command. Everyting works fine in this case.

The next case I tried was using the run_command() function and passing the
"cp" and "go"  command with appropriate flash and RAM addresses with that as
the arguments, After powerup and executing some of the cpu and memory
controller initializations..I call the run_command() functions. My board
resets giving program check exception.

What could be the possible solution to include the standalone application in
my board powerup sequence?

--Nagesh