[U-Boot] U-boot support for Non Console board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 31 12:26:32 CET 2008

Dear rajeev s,

In message <843260.87725.qm at web50008.mail.re2.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> We have a custom board based on coldfire (MCF5484) Similar to MCF5484 Kitlite
> The board runs Coldfire as PCI agent , 64MB of SDRAM, 4 MB of Bootflash and the PCI bus as a slave (no serial
> port->no console)
> I can flash U-boot using the JTAG . Can you let know how can i pass the Commands over PCI .
> I do not have a Console to do that ?

Well, somebody who designed this system must also have had some plan
how to operate the board?

Not having a console port sounds like a really stupid thing to me.

If you have ethenret on your board, you can try netconsole. But it
will be no fun to port U-Boot to such hardware.

I suggest you bring the board back to the hardware guys and ask for a
serial console port, at least for bring-up and debugging.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"In matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved."        - Butler