[U-Boot] [Announce][RFC] CFG_ macro renaming

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Tue Sep 2 01:56:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

	As announce during OLS conference, it's plain to
	use kconfig to manage board configuration.

	For this purpose and Makefile conditional compile we're
	move CFG_ macro to new CONFIG_ marco

	For memory

	There are two classes of configuration variables:

	* Configuration _OPTIONS_:
	  These are selectable by the user and have names beginning with
	  "CONFIG_".

	* Configuration _SETTINGS_:
	  These depend on the hardware etc. and should not be meddled with if
	  you don't know what you're doing; they have names beginning with
	  "CFG_".

	to keep CFG_ meaning we will rename them in the following change

	1) Basic config

	For environment we will use CONFIG_ENV_ (will be done this merge windows)

	For configuration settings CONFIG_SYS_

	additional proposition

	2) Extra config

	For memory settings CONFIG_MEM_ or CONFIG_SYS_MEM_

	For PCI settings CONFIG_PCI_ or CONFIG_SYS_PCI_

	For USB settings CONFIG_USE or CONFIG_SYS_PCI_

	For flash settings CONFIG_FLASH or CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_

	For nand settins CONFIG_NAND or CONFIG_SYS_NAND_

	For dtt settgins CONFIG_DTT or CONFIG_SYS_DTT

	etc...

	Comments are welcome.

	The move to new style will be done for the beggining of the next merge window

Best Regards,
J.